Service is a people business
Field Service7 Consulting and Advisory Services:
- Bruce Breeden offers a free-consultation to first understand your operation and areas of opportunity.
- We offer a range of consulting solutions for your project or training including:
- Field Service Performance Assessments; discover opportunities to improve operating margin, growth, service quality, FSE recruitment, training and retention.
- On-site Facilitated Workshops with key managers and ride-alongs with FSEs and line managers.
- Business Process Assessment of major workflows, KPIs, service product offerings, pricing and benchmarks.
Bruce Breeden has 30+ years field service experience starting as a field service engineer and holding roles including:
- Global Field Service Operational leadership at the field and corporate levels as District Manager, Global Services Director, VP of Service Operations.
- Field Service Technical Support, Training and Development Manager.
- Service Marketing Manager with $50MM multi-brand portfolio.
- Field Service Management and Customer Care I.T. System implementations; Oracle, Vantive, IFS/Metrix, Mobile Reach Mobile Applications. Roles included, project leader, executive steering committee member, adoption and learning leader, and operations stakeholder.
Bruce has a career with large, publicly held global corporations including Beckman Coulter and Thermo Fisher Scientific, to privately held mid-sized corporations, Rain Bird and Fairbanks Scales.
Bruce is a frequent speaker at service conferences and company events, and is published in Field Technologies Online and CIO Applications.
Bruce work’s with your organization as a trusted advisor with outcome-based focus.
Specific business experience and skills:
- Operations P&L responsibility of $100MM, global business with over 400 direct employees.
- Integrated multiple business units through acquisition with disparate process, systems, compensation and culture.
- Led global CRM/FSM Oracle system implementation including Corporate Adoption and Learning Leader for a $2B publicly held corporation. Served on Executive Steering Committee with corporate executive leadership team and the Project Management Office. Worked directly with Deloitte Consulting. Later implemented a IFS/Metrix FSM system for a $100MM privately held corporation.
- Managed $20MM specialized service fleet, upgraded with electronic commercial driver logs, GPS and improved utilization.
- Transformed a traditional $50MM break-fix service business to a Customer Technical Support organization with new processes and marketing programs for added professional services and applications-based instrumentation. Conducted a full organization development plan to lead change.
- Negotiated corporate service contracts and managed strategic corporate relationships for direct sales, business development and 3rd party sales.
- Started a distributor field service organization with new accounting, staffing, sales and business process.
- Created an exclusive field service operating practice to improve engagement, goal achievement and on-going professional development of the entire organization, with operating metrics and core data.
- Developed a FDA compliant IQ/OQ instrument validation program for scientific instruments and continuous wireless temperature monitoring.
- Managed ISO/A2LA 17025 calibration lab operations.
- Established a new field service technician recruiting, on-boarding, compensation, training and retention program.
- Direct leadership of international field service business.
- Led industrial safety program creation and dramatically lowered EMR rating and changed organization culture.
- Public speaking at industry events, organizations and executive management.
- Published business author and contributing trade journal writer.
Bruce Breeden can provide expertise and guidance for your field service business to improve revenue growth, customer loyalty, operations efficiency, technology implementations, and employee training and development, safety and inventory management.